Tuesday 15 November 2011

Poem...The Old Stoic

The Old Stoic 
Riches I had in high esteem,
And love I laugh to scorn;                            2. sharp, use of focus, speed, flexed wrists 
And lust of fame was but a dream
That vanish'd with the morn:                        4. use of costume, hides face, stillness, child like pose

And if I pray, the only prayer
That moves my lips for me                          3. fluid, reference to mouth
Is, 'leave the heart that now I bear,
And give me liberty!'                                  1. reaching, contract, open, high

Yea, as my swift days near their goal,
'Tis all that I implore:
In life and death a chainless soul,                5. pulled back hips, falling, reaching, strong
With courage to endure.
                            
                                   Emily Bronte (1818-1848)

1-5 comments on my movement from Hannah and Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment