Wednesday 12 January 2011

Solo Feedback



Halfway through my choreographic process we had to perform some of our work in order to show how we had progressed and also to gain feedback from our peers so as to push ourselves even further. This is some of that feedback. We were also given feedback at other stages.

The main things that stood out to me were the comments I've circled in red; extend movement-make it bigger and remember wrists and hands. The first refers to how I sometimes cut movement short and the second refers to how my hands can almost be 'dead' on the end of my arms, rather than letting the movement continue to flow all the way from my shoulder to my fingertips. I cut the movement short sometimes by rushing through movement. This happens because of nerves. Sometimes if I'm doing movement  that is unfamiliar to me, I feel extremely vulnerable and this leads to me panicking and rushing. The only thing I can do to improve this is to stay calm and believe in myself. I can also practise doing things out of my comfort zone as this would change the way I approach new things and how I react.

     I have never realised the thing about my hands before so it was actually quite surprising to me. From watching videos of me performing I noticed I don't do it all the time just in certain movements. This was a lot harder to change and I really had to work on it. I just had to think about keeping the arms lenghtened rather than deadening the arms by having lazy wrists.

No comments:

Post a Comment