Thursday 8 December 2011

Site - Coombe Abbey

One of the sites at Coombe Abbey used for inspiration for Rooted. A place so familiar to me now yet still contains the magic. Memories of my time there will linger. I hope I left an impression there no matter how insignificant. Conversations with trees, details of life, being still yet open and full and being part of the landscape. Calm, Peaceful, Magical, Quiet, Interruptions, Connotations, Flickers of Movements in the outskirts of my eyes, Cannot control anything here... why would I want to?

4 comments:

  1. As I watched your final performance, I really got the sense that you were bringing elements of your site inside. As you played and moved with the leaves, I had the impression this is the same movement that you did outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased we chose Coombe Abbey as our place to work, as I really got to know the site and the company connected with the site on so many levels. I like that you mentioned leaving an impression, as I believe that we as a company left a mark on the earth. I will always treasure the memories of us dancing there :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was the perfect place for our company to work. It has left an impression on all of us. I agree with your sense of no control here as it was such a peaceful and emotional place control would ruin it. BEAUTIFUL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely brought my memories and actions from site to the studio with me. The main thing I kept returning to was simply to be open and full in stillness like a tree... they may not move or talk but they are a force not to be reckoned with. You notice them because they are there an present.

    ReplyDelete