Monday 28 January 2013

Cecelia MacFarlane...Workshop 2

Boundaries

  • environmental space - use the same space/settings, a comparatively clean and safe place as a comfort zone 
  • personal space - find the right distance and position between therapist and client
  • behavioural - establish that there is not going to be any hitting/verbal abuse allowed
  • confidential - establish that everything communicated is confidential unless under extreme circumstances
  • energetic/engaged - be in the appropriate mood/emotional and in an engaged state for the individual client
  • time keeping - always be on time and don't make allowances for late clients, still finish session at correct time
  • don't use the word 'I' - by saying 'I do that too' you are enabling them, gives the impression that its okay. Takes away from the client
My personal and significant thing:
My ipod
Red - one of my favourite colours
Me - A collection of MY favourite songs/music
Dance - A tool used to stimulate dance - a big part of who I am
Personalised - Personalised by my family that reminds me of them 

My partners expression:
Feel connected to the dance - because I know what inspires it? All the details? 
Repetitive and enclosed, even when movement is opening out it seems that she is holding onto something
Full of emotion, by the end she seems like shes had enough...

How it feels for me?:
Everyday movements triggering memories, making me smile. Going down memory lane, trying to evoke more. My item more one of comfort and happiness, rather than raw emotion, but just as strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment