Wednesday 2 February 2011

My Siobhan Davies Scrapbook

When I registered with Siobhan Davies Replay Archive, I was then able to make a scrapbook of her work that stood out to me. I first chose the dance work In Plain Clothes as it was the first piece to be performed in the Siobhan Davies studios so all the dancers had a connection with it as they wanted to mark the studio for themselves. I then chose several scratch tapes for In Plain Clothes as I found it interesting to see if any of the work was used in the actual work or if there was any variation of it present. It was also interesting to see how different dancers had different vocabularys or interpretations of movement that could be linked to the same stimulus or subject.

I decided to look more indepth into this particular piece of work rather than look vaguely into different works. So next I looked at promotional pictures and still images linked to In Plain Clothes. The ones that stood out to me were Wake Up Your Heart and Make Time Visible (Both found in Siobhan Davies Replay Archive).

No comments:

Post a Comment