Thursday 3 February 2011

Pilates...and my arm

Pilates - The moment I notice my arm the most. Ofcourse my arm restricts some movement in dance but it has never affected me as deeply as it does in pilates. It is so FRUSTRATING not to be able to do simple things that every one else can do. The pain is like a tense, stretching, shooting pain all down my arm. I can work through it at first but if I continue to push, my arm can ache for hours or days and sometimes goes dead.

It does make me determined though and there are moves I WILL be able to do one day. Also it does help me a lot with my core muscles. It especially helps with the awareness of my ribs. The continuous instruction and reminders mean that I am always readjusting myself to be in the correct position for my body. This should become more autonomous as time goes on. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment