Wednesday 9 March 2011

Images from Skinner Releasing Technique



These are my writings and images from the Skinner Releasing Technique. The top one is a page from my journal. I have come to realise that for my journal I like to have mainly written form but with drawings to visualise certain images or positions etc. During this Skinner class the main things taht stood out to me was the idea of marinette strings and puppets and how this can elongate your movement as well as making you more aware about the idea of a floating skull during movement.

The next two images are our reflections at the end of some Skinner classes. I find it interesting that although some of the writings or drawings are similar/the same ideas, I had a different understanding of them. In the first couple of lessons we looked at the strings and breath through the body but it wasn't until the last couple of lessons that my understanding if that changed and developed so that those images meant more to me than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment